GREAT NEWS for 2015!!
For those of you who are looking for design challenges and enjoy experiencing new things, HERE is your chance. The International Students Joint Capstone Design Project (i-CAPS) Program offers you an opportunity to experience a complete design process; starting from design thinking to prototyping your design in a unique environment, where you can meet and work in a team with partners from various cultural and academic background.
The i-CAPS program and the which include International Students Multidisciplinary Design Camps (d-CAMP) is a collaboration program involving 18 Universities in 5 Countries, Institut Teknologi Bandung (Indonesia), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (Malaysia), Nanyang Technological University (Singapore), Tianjin University (China) and National Cheng Kung University (Taiwan) and the Innovation Hub Center for Engineering Education (IHCEE), a consortium of 13 Korean universities, headquartered in Chonbuk National University.
i-CAPS 2019 will begin with a 5-day Design Camp (d-CAMP) in mid-January 2019, to be hosted by NCKU in Tainan, Taiwan. Teams of 4 – 6 participants, from the 18 universities with background in Design and Engineering disciplines, will be challenged to collaborate from generating ideas to finding solutions for problems along the theme of “Smart Living”. At the end of d-CAMP each team will present their “Design Proposal”. The realization of the design concept will be carried out through long-distance collaboration amongst members of each team from January onward. The culmination of i-CAPS will be the presentation of the prototypes during the second d-CAMP to be held in Korea in August 2019.
So, if you are keen to gain a unique first-hand design experience and sharpening your leadership, communication, and collaborative skills while building network of future leaders, i-CAPS 2019 is for you!
We are looking forward to your applications. Please apply.
i-CAPS 2019 theme is SMART LIVING
This program is open for :
- 4th year students (7th semester)
- Students from one of the bellow faculties
- Faculty of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Faculty of Art and Design (Study Program : Product Design)
- School of Electrical Engineering and Informatics
- Faculty of Industrial Engineering
- Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- School of Architecture, Planning and Policy Development (Study Program : Architecture)
- Individual applicant, Group of 2 or Group of 3
- For group applicant, each group MUST consist students from at least 2 different school(s)/facult(ies)
- Able to work in group
- Willing to follow ALL of i-CAPS program activities
Application Documents :
- IDEA Proposal
- Problem Statement (max. 200 words)
- Proposed Solution (max. 500 words)
- IDEA Sketch
- Applicant Information
- Personal Information
- English Language Profanely Test (optional)
- Statement of Purpose (max.300 words)
- Organization/Event/Volunteer Experience (form : [i-CAPS 19] Extracuriculler.xlsx)
- Surat Persetujuan/Recommendation letter (form : [i-CAPS 19] Surat Persetujuan.docx)
Online application : http://bit.ly/icaps2019
Aplication Periode : October 2-23, 2018
1st stage announcement : October 29, 2018 (shortlisted candidates)
2nd stage selection : November 3-4, 2018 (group workshop)
i-CAPS 2019 final list : November 10, 2019.
For related documents please click links below :